About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A long lost letter...

Original Post Date: November 8, 2006 via MySpace

Current mood:nostalgic

Not many of you know, but I keep EVERYTHING! Today I was cleaning out some drawers and I found a very special letter. I wrote this letter many years ago to a friend. I've written many letters to this person over the years and a lot of them were never sent out. This particular letter was one of those, only I regret not sending it. I do not talk to this person anymore, but it's sad to see how a great friendship can easily go downhill if it is not taken care of.

I'm posting the contents of this letter for many reasons. One of them is to hopefully deliver the message. Another one is in hopes that for the people who read this blog, it will inspire you guys to take extra care of the special people in your lives. Anyway, here's the letter.

Dear Friend,

This letter might come as a surprise to you. I just needed to tell you how I feel one last time. Our friendship use to be so open and easy to communicate. I had to give that memory its justice by writing this letter. It's taken me a while to get this far. You see, usually when I start thinking about you I never have a pen & paper handy. By the time I get a pen & paper my thoughts and feelings are all jumbled in my head, I've lost my nerve to write to you, and then my pride steps in and I convince myself to not write. But deep down inside I wanted to do this for quite some time.

I'll be honest and tell you that I've tried my best to be mad at you, to dislike you, and to forget about you. But I've failed. You see, I can't be mad at you for wanting to move on with your life without me. This is how life works.

"Some people come into our lives and quietly go,
Others stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts,
And we are never the same."

That is exactly what happened between us. I will never be the same young insecure girl I was before you entered my life. The footprints you left in my heart will be there forever along with all those cherished memories. Thank you for loving me back then, for making me believe in myself. Thank you for the confidence you helped me build. I will always love you for that.

Life has been pretty good to me. I've been blessed with great friends. Both old and new. Without them I would be a very lonely person. Thanks to all of their love, support and affection, my heart has no room for bad feelings.

May life give you the very best it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment