About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Fear of Failure (The Alchemist)

"Don't give in to your fears," said the alchemist, in a strangely gentle voice. "If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart."

"If a person is living out his Personal Legend, he knows everything he needs to know. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure."

I have always known that I have a huge fear of failure and that it has made me who I am today. I've lied to myself by thinking that acting on my fear was a good thing but I just now realized that it isn't. Because I have reacted to fear all my life I am now unhappy with a certain part of my life. Maybe more than one part...

How can I change this? It's ingrained in me, "better safe than sorry!".

Man, I have some work to do... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment