About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pastel de Chocolate Méxicano

 
I found this recipe in an old Mexican Desserts recipe book my family has.  I've had the book for years but never used it.  Recently my sister asked for the book and I hated letting it go. Lol, before I gave it to her I found this recipe that seemed pretty easy to make and included Abuelita/Ibarra chocolate.  I had been "itching" to make something with the mexican chocolate I had and I finally found an easy recipe. 
 
Again, it was pretty easy to make.  The end result was pretty disappointing to me though.  It had a Jello consistancy that I didn't enjoy.  My mother and friends tasted the pie and they liked it.  My mother liked it the most and I felt slightly redeemed for that. :) 
 
What would I change?  Not so much Jello pudding mix and more cream cheese.  A Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake sounds awesome right?  Yummy!  One day I'll be adventurous enough to experiment and make it. 
 
xoxo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment