About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sopa De Fideo

 
Sopa de Fideo is one my favorite childhood soups.  It was a repeat dish growing up and I didn't mind that at all.  I would mix in Tapatio sauce and lemon sometimes or other times mix in mayonaise.  Yup, sounds weird but I loved it.  My friend commented that the pasta I used was shells instead of the broken up spaghetti (aka fideo).  I told her that in my family we've always used all sorts of pasta for this sopa.  I remember shells, stars, alphabets, macaroni, and spaghetti.  It's delicious none the less and I'm so glad I know how to make it.  It's so easy you can try it too!
 
Ingredients:
 
7 oz bag of pasta (your choice!)
Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon (to taste)
Tomato sauce (about half of 8oz can)
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
3 - 4 cups of water
 
First you slightly brown the pasta in the oil for a few minutes stirring it regularly to make sure it cooks evenly.  Add enough tomato sauce to coat the pasta but be careful not to add too much.  Stir it in and then add the water and chicken bouillon.  Stir it, cover it, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
 
Enjoy!
 
xoxo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment