About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Greek Harvest Grain Salad

Here's my copy of the yummy farro salad I had! I cooked the chicken seperately and added it at the very end. This salad is yummy on its own without chicken but I added it for guests who need to have some meat with their salad. This salad would also be a great side to fish like salmon or tilapia. :)

- trader joe’s harvest grain blend (whole package cooked according to package instructions) *I used chicken broth instead of water
- 4 oz sun dried tomatoes
- 6 oz sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- cucumber to taste, finely chopped
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese (use less or more, to your taste)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste

Instructions: cook grains and chop onions, cucumber. Allow grains to cool and toss with the rest of the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is better) to allow flavors to intensify

No comments:

Post a Comment