About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Why The Tears?

This morning I watched one of Oprah's Super Soul Sunday episodes. The actor Rainn Wilson was on to discuss his project Soul Pancake. Rainn said that art or the act of art is like praying to God. At the end of the show they had two video shorts of Soul Pancake at work. One video had people on the street taking picture frames and framing something they found beautiful. The other video was of an Air Orchestra on the street. They had chairs labeled with specific instruments setup as a orchestra. Soon people from the street filled the chairs and began playing their air instruments along to background music. Seeing their initial hesitation, then smiles, then joy, to finally surprise on how much they enjoyed that experience stirred so much emotion within me. I was smiling and feeling the joy right along with them. Then when it was over I was overcome with sadness or longing and started to cry. Not just a tear but a big emotional type of crying that came with many tears. Why did this happen? Why did this huge ball of emotion grow within me so that I ended up crying like I lost someone I loved? I don't know. It's something I have to think about.

What I do know is that a couple of months ago I was at the Hollywood Bowl with friends. I didn't know the lineup but it was just a day to be with friends. The night ended up being a fundraiser night for the Youth Orchestra of Los Angeles (YOLA). Halfway through the show YOLA students played for us. It took me by surprise and I was immediately transported to my youth orchestra days. Those were happy days for me and I felt the same emotions then as the ones I felt this morning watching the Air Orchestra. Only I held back the tears then.

I need to think about this. I need to listen to what the universe is telling me, to what my soul is telling me. Then I need to take action.

Xoxo...

P.S.
I love Oprah ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment