About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Salmon in Mole Sauce with Traditional Latin Rice

Dinner is the most difficult meal of the day for me.  There are so many options I get frustrated sometimes.

I was at that point this evening. I wanted to try cooking something new but I couldn't figure it out. Every recipe I looked at I was missing at least one ingredient. **Wish my kitchen could be stocked like Martha Stewart's!** I soon went from hungry to starving and was so close to snacking away for dinner.

Thankfully I opened a cupboard and saw the mole sauce. The light bulb turned on and I ended up with a yummy dinner. No recipe used! :-) I also have enough left over for lunch tomorrow.  


This was so easy that breaking it down to a recipe is ridiculous.  I simply followed the mole sauce (store bought) instructions and added salmon instead of traditional chicken.  It was so yummy!

The Latin rice does have a recipe but also very easy. 

Ingredients
1 cup of white rice
1 1/2 - 2 cups of water (I find that 2 cups of water can leave your rice very mushy and I do not like mushy rice.)
1/2 - 1 tbsp. (or to taste) of powdered Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Frozen veggies to taste
1 tbsp. of vegetable oil

Prep
Add oil to medium sized pot on medium/high heat.  Add rice and fry, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Rice will change color to a very light brown.  Add water and chicken bouillon, stir.  Taste water for flavor and add more bouillon if necessary.  Add frozen veggies, stir, cover pot, lower flame and simmer until water evaporates, about 10 minutes. Enjoy!



:-) = a happy tummy

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment