About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cooking, cooking, cooking!

I'm having so much fun cooking! I'm finally feeling brave enough to cook and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I especially feel accomplished when I cook a traditional Mexican/Latin dish. I told some of my friends that I almost feel like a Girl Scout who is earning her badges.

Several weeks ago I got the Bean Badge. I cooked them from scratch and days later I blended them to make re-fried beans.

I also earned the Beef Fajitas Badge although those were reeeeally easy and aren't traditionally Mexican.

Today I earned the Huevos Rancheros Badge. Yummy and yaay! I've had the recipe on my fridge for a while and was scared to try it but my ex-boss convinced me it was okay to change up the recipe the way I was thinking about doing it. So I did it and it was awesome! Just like my momma's!

The next badge I will work to get is the Chilaquiles Badge. I'm also working on the Rice Badge but that's a work in progress. :-) I made rice when I made the beans but I think the rice could've been better so I will make another attempt.

I have cooked other foods but they've been too easy and I can't consider them as badges earned. Not that the badges above were really hard to earn but I think that latin dishes are so much more intimidating. You have have a specific memory as to how it should taste and any variation is not good enough - a failure.

So when I cook pasta, fish, or steak in modern American fashion I feel like they don't count towards my badges. I know, I'm being dumb. lol....

The only con I can think of to all of this cooking is the dirty dishes. What a drag.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment