About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Baby

I call my nephew Andy "My Baby". How can I explain the love I have for him? I guess the only thing that comes close is parental love even though I'm not a parent. All I know is that my baby and I have had a special bond since he was a toddler. As soon as he learned to write I started getting school pictures with the cutest dedications on the back. I would babysit him and his siblings a lot when my cousins were going to night school. We would talk, wrestle, and then his sister and I would dog pile him. I absolutely love all my nieces and nephews but I cannot deny the special bond that I have with Andy. Is it because we're both Capricorns and our birthdays are two days apart?

He's a wonderful son, sibling, grandson, and nephew. I can go on and on with how wonderful he is and the reasons why but this blog post would be too long. All I know is that I love him very much and that I'm very proud of the person he is.

Today my baby called me. I automatically thought he was calling because he needed something. About 5 minutes into the conversation I realized that he was just calling to chat with me. That's it, no other motive. My 21 yr old college town nephew just wanted to talk to his Tia. I felt so special! About 45 min into our conversation his phone died. His only charger was in the car so he got dressed and went to his car. He waited 5 min to charge his phone so he could call me back. We then proceeded to have another 45 min conversation. What 21 yr old does that? My baby that's who. :)

Xoxo...

No comments:

Post a Comment