About Me

My photo
Accidentally tripped, fell, and created this blog.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Memories...

I do this pretty often. I go into email archives, old boxes of memories, and old journals to read and remember. Well I did it again today. I went into my inbox in MySpace and read some really old messages from someone who I was once very close to.

The messages were very long and started friendly and apologetic. Then they turned into pretty angry messages. I couldn't see my responses unfortunately but I have an idea of what they were. They were probably just as angry and unforgiving. What's done is done and there's no turning back, I know. Reading these messages today, two years later, made me realize that we should have never written them in the first place. We held a very important conversation via MySpace and it should have been at the very least over the phone.

Lesson learned: Never say important thoughts or feelings via email or messaging (text messaging included)! You never really get to say what you want in the way you want. The other person reads feelings / emotions that are not there and things can go in a whole other direction that was not intended. Gather your courage and have a conversation in person or at the very least on the phone. It's hard but in the end well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment